Wednesday, August 12, 2009

brotherly love

Skye continues to show the sweetest side of himself. The connection that he and Forrest are starting to create is truly one of brotherly love. Forrest has a horrid diaper rash, we think the acid from the tomatoes he's been eating burned his little butt. Poor thing has a fire engine red butt with 2 weeping sores - yeah pretty awful. This morning post nap Forrest was howling on the changing table, I would too if my butt looked like that. Skye was watching, when I picked up Forrest w/o a diaper, Skye's eyes got huge and said ay-yo, and then did the latin american finger slap thing. If you don't know what this is, ask me to do it sometime it's very latin american and hysterical to see a 2 year old try and do it. Forrest was kind of crawling around on the floor, trying to keep his butt off the floor, and Skye walked into the tv room - after holding his little hand up to tell me to stay - and got a chair my mom dropped off for him. He wanted Forrest to have something soft to sit on. It was so cute.

Of course 15 minutes later we had a pee fiasco. Forrest peed on the bathroom floor, proceeded to crawl in it, while I'm trying to get the pee off Forrest's hands, Skye goes running through the pee, slips and falls on his back in the puddle. For a moment I just sat there looking at my 2 screaming children and wondering how the hell I got here. Then I cracked up, cleaned them up, put them in new clothes and went out the door. Sometimes I am amazed that I have the patience to do this. I fondly remember sitting in my messy office, talking with high school students about what they are going to do next, eating lunch and having adult conversation, and all that other good stuff. I'll go back to work in the future. Honestly I am loving being home, and having the opportunity to watch my kids grow up.

Okay Forrest is screaming in his nap, gotta run!

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

what a cute little story .. and that you find humor is such chaos is what makes you such a wonderful mother to those 2 little runts.

Mwah!