Wednesday, September 30, 2009

has it really been 3 weeks?

Amazing how time flies when you are working your pants off. I had someone the other day make the statement, or at least started to say, that getting woken up at 5:15 am isn't that big of a deal when you aren't going to work. Um hello?! I may not be able to leave my house to "work" but trust me I am working. Harder than I even have in my life. And frankly I love it. Not every hour of every day, but what a gift to be the mom of these 2 little boys. They make me laugh all the time, as well as tear out my hair.

Forrest is going to be 1 in 4 days. I can't believe it's been an entire year. I jokingly said to Chris the other night, "wanna have another?" seriously, I can't see myself with 3, or even being able to afford more than 2, but there is such a sweetness to Forrest that I would love to have another one like him. Of course with my luck I'd have the devil child and rue that thought. Skye is improving daily. He's got his moments where he really pushes every limit and boundary, and then he's got these very sweet moments. The sweet definitely outweigh the nasty. It just seems like some days he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and is out to punish everyone. Luckily it's only about 1 time a week.

We've been to the zoo a number of times in the last few weeks. It's a great way to entertain the kids, I get a bit of walking exercise (which is good, especially if Chris and I keep getting the elephant ears when we go together), and the kids get to see some animals. Skye loves the fish, and had the crap scared out of him yesterday when one of the new cheetahs came right up to him face to face in the glass. He jumped backwards and grabbed on to me so fast, it was sweet and a little funny. He wouldn't budge for the life of us for some time after once he realized that he wasn't going to be eaten. I think that poor cheetah is just waiting for one of these little kids to become a snack.

I'm going to try and attach 2 videos from today. It's funny we had some very dear friends meet Skye last weekend - randomly ran into my teachers at sushi on saturday night - and Mas Goeroe Agoeng Barbara was so surprised at how little Skye is. I just smiled and said we're hoping he gets to 5.5 feet. People seem to forget that he's mayan, and little. I guess it's that big old spirit that makes him look so big. Trust me he's just a peanut. He's currently wearing 18 month clothes, and that's only b/c we need them to fit around his belly. We'd put him in 12 month clothes if they'd fit. Oh well.

Okay it's only going to be one b/c this is taking forever! If you have facebook, friend me and you'll see some of the others, that way I can load them and do other things while it's taking FOREVER!

Okay here are the videos. I'll try to be more mindful about updating, but we'll see...


No comments: