Wednesday, September 9, 2009

facing the facts

Things have, as always, been up and down the last few days. The block party went well, although I did have to bodily carry Skye into the house when he didn't want to give up the scooter that one of the girls up the street let him use. It's so hard to give things that you really love back. Hopefully we don't have too many of these incidents.

Today, and yesterday, I had some rough incidents with Skye. Yesterday I had a friend come by, another mama friend, and I'm not quite sure what happened but he freaked out when she left. Sitting on the curb and screaming Mama! at her car driving away. I had to carry him into the house and then hold him. Meanwhile poor Forrest is melting down b/c his brother is screaming and I can't do anything but let him lie on the floor and cry b/c I'm worried that if he gets too close to Skye, Skye will whallop him. Also in the long run Forrest will bounce back much more quickly than Skye. The other sucky thing was when I decided to do an attachment check with Skye today. I gave him his bottle, as usual, but pressed him for eye contact during the bottle. He not only refused, but started to scream and then tear himself away. This is a HUGE red flag for me. No I don't think we've got a full blown attachment dx, but there are warning signs. I know he needs to be here for 3 months, at least, before we look at any "lables" but I also know that things aren't quite right. The general exhaustion I feel, and the incessant tugging at me that Skye does. Seriously, he will say mama 1000 times a day for no reason than to get my attention. It may seem funny until you hear it all day long.

Okay, gotta go Forrest is not crying himself back down, he's crying himself hysterical. Will this mama ever get a moments rest?

No comments: