Monday, September 7, 2009

block party today!

Should be interesting to see how the boys do when our street gets blocked off, the neighbors are out eating and drinking, and there's a live band up the street. Hopefully we'll have a good time, if not it's right outside our door so we can tag team.

Had my friends Maria and Kate and their daughter Chase over yesterday for dinner. It was great to see them and good for Skye to have someone closer to his size to play with. She was willing to take him on regarding toys so it helped with the sharing thing. I think Forrest just liked to have someone else to follow around. Skye continues to do better and better with visitors. He didn't get nearly as panicked and was out and socializing very quickly. I really am in awe at what an amazing child this little boy is.

Forrest is 11 months old and will soon be a year. Where does the time go? How did my little one become such a little boy? I found video of him at 4 weeks yesterday and it was so sweet. It looks just like him and yet he's so different now. I'm blown away at the flight of time. He's such a sweet funny little one. Every day you can see him getting older and learning more and more. He's really working out this standing thing, many times I find him standing up all by himself, unsupported by anything, and looking so dang proud of himself. I truly love that little guy.

Okay gotta make corn fritters for the block party and get that pork marinating for the bbq. Enjoy today, and thank your local union for having today off and your 40 hour work week!

No comments: