Sunday, July 18, 2010

sick boys, missed parties, and trips to seattle

This is all happening within the next 24 hours. I slept in today (if someone told me before I had kids that sleeping in would be until 8:30 I would have laughed!) and woke up to Chris telling me that Forrest had puked all over him this morning. He said at first he panicked because the vomit was red, and then realized that it was because he'd eaten raspberries last night!

Our friend Marshall was having a 2 year old birthday party today and we had to cancel because we didn't want any of the kids to get this illness. Even though Skye is so far symptom free, he could blow at any minute. I am so bummed missing this party. We see Marshall (and his mama Tabitha) at lease once a week and we were so looking forward to going. We'll just have to see them later this week!

We are supposed to take the train to Seattle tomorrow to go see a baseball game (thanks Bro for the tickets!) but now everything is on hold. My dear sweet husband very rarely has a strong opinion about things, but he said to me that if either of the boys are remotely sick there is NO way he is getting on a train with him. Cross your fingers that we can make it - if not that hotel room is gonna cost us big time! At least I have friends in Seattle who we can gift the tickets to and offer them a night in a hotel. Someone might as well use it! We'll see. If we do make it, I'll be sure and post photos of us hootin' it up in Seattle. If we don't then I'll post photos of the sick little boys. Hopefully this is something short and quickly moved through. Damn kids, why can't they tell you how they are feeling? ha ha ha.

Life is weird. That is all I really have to say right now.

No comments: