Monday, November 30, 2009

Giving Thanks

So sorry it has been so long between posts, but this is a busy season, and I was down with some strain of some sort of flu. It was less than wonderful, but I seem to be on the mend.

What an amazing thanksgiving we had, even if it was a non-Thanksgiving in the eyes of a traditionalist. We were supposed to go to Grandma Foxley's house (my mom) for dinner, but Wednesday I went down for the count with an awful GI flu, that I'm still working through. Regardless though we had such an amazing weekend. Chris was on point as primary parent, which I think was good for both him and the boys, as well as needing to take care of his incapacitated wife. I think everyone had a great time. Skye broke my heart with just what a sweet little boy he is turning out to be. I was laid out on the couch, looking like death warmed over, and Skye was my little helper. He'd bring me stuffed animals, lay a blanket on me, and kept stroking my cheek. It was so sweet. Chris got a photo of Skye snuggled up on the couch with me. It was so sweet.

Forrest continues to grow and develop into such a fun little boy. He has these moments where he'll just run circles through the house screaming out of the pure joy of running. He'll do a pass by, look at me and grin from ear to ear, and continue the lap. Last night me, Forrest & Skye all ran around in circles and cracked up. I can see how these 2 boys are going to be so close.

The other amazing thing we've got going on is Skye is 100% potty trained. Not sure why it was so easy, but it was. He's been dry every morning for close to 10 days. He still wants to wear a diaper at night for the security, but he's totally diaper free the rest of the time - including naps. Speaking of sleep, both my guys have become great sleepers. I can expect to sleep until 6:30 each morning, and both boys are down by 8:00 each night. It's been so nice to know that I'm going to actually get some sleep on a regular basis.

So maybe it wasn't a Thanksgiving weekend that we'd imagined for Skye's first real US holiday, but it was a wonderful weekend for our family of 4. I had a moment earlier this week that struck me as so wonderful. I realized that I couldn't imagine my life without Skye, he really has become my second son. It's pretty amazing. I am grateful for these 2 wonderful sons and such a great husband.

1 comment:

We Are Family said...

LOVE IT....not the flu part!